Friday, February 22, 2013

Secret Bakery in the Jewish Ghetto

Today Cameron, Ali, Dan, and I went to the Jewish Ghetto. I had heard about a 'secret bakery' from Angela, and one of the JFRC staff. I googled it and found this article.The bakery is unmarked, and closes every Friday evening and all day Saturday in observance of the Sabath. We wandered through the ghetto looking at all the ruins, made our way south past circo massimo, and saw the 'mouth of truth' like in the movie Roman Holiday (which I had just watched last weekend with Teresa. Disclaimer: it is a major tourist trap!).








That night I went out with a small group for drinks at a picturesque Italian bar called beer. 



(Rant about Italian beer: the beer at Beer is decent, nothing special- decent Italian beer is equivalent to miler, while Peroni= bush lite, anything cheaper=straight up watery pee- no matter how poor you are don't drink this it's really really terrible. trust me.) (Recommendation: try the fresh chips at Beer!)