Sunday, January 13, 2013

Friday 11/1/2013

I started yesterday with my second Italian class. We spent three hours learning “emergency Italian” words, phrases, and cultural differences we were sure to encounter. It was a little overwhelming, but I can already see the difference between my first night out, and yesterday night. The rest of the day was filled with meetings, and safety lectures. Luckily, later that night the university had organized an authentic 4-course dinner for us. I know it seems like a cop out, but the food, wine, and company were so terrific I can't really explain it here. BUT, here is a picture of the best tiramisù I have ever eaten (and I came to Italy not liking tiramisù!):




After dinner I checked out the bar scene with my roommate, some friends from Loyola, and some of my newly made friends from dinner. We stopped at a bar with an Irish pub feel that looked like it was a hot spot for young Italians from Monte Mario.