Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thursday 10/1/2013

Today I woke up bright and early, apparently having beat jet lag! I went to breakfast at this incredible little bakery my friend Teresa (who has already been here a semester and is staying a full year) introduced me to as the best bakery you would probably never find by yourself. I had a bun of sorts filled with grilled eggplant. Cheese, mushrooms, and sweet red peppers. The roll literally melted in my mouth. The roll was fresh, warm, sweet, and buttery, and the veggies inside were cooked perfectly. The marzipan in the window was molded into such creative and realistic foods. I decided I would treat myself to breakfast there at least once a week, and make a trek back out there for some real Italian marzipan.


Later that night I went on a scavenger hike through the city. We checked out all of these places:



... and I personally, think the Colosseum looks even better at night!

Later that night my friends and I got lost in Rome and stumbled upon an authentic Italian restaurant buried in the side streets of Piazza Navona. It was my first Italian meal outside of campus, and despite our awkward, and obvious American-ness, it was a great first night on the town.